“It’s not about how much money we make, it’s about how much life we change – DermaClinix”
Hair loss Causes?
- Most common cause of hair loss in males is hereditory androgenetic alopecia (male pattern baldness).The presence of the hormone, Dihydrotestosterone (DHT),in a genetically susceptible male is the primary reason for the occurrence. DermaClinix is the best Clinic for hair loss treatment in delhi
- In females, hair thinning and diffuse hair loss is a more frequently observed phenomenon. This may be due to genetic factors, childbirth, anemia and general under nourishment, surgery or in extreme cases crash diets may be playing a role too.
- In androgenic alopecia hairline on the frontal and top region of scalp begin to shrink and may gradually disappear. The hairs on the posterior region of the head and at the lateral sides are genetically “more stable” and DHT impact is almost negligible on it. These are the regions used for follicular harvesting in hair transplant.
- Other than the above discussed reasons, recent studies have shown that a stressful life, sedentary life style, iritic sleep cycles, lowered REM sleep, high levels of stress hormones and a low protein diet may also lead to hair fall in young adults.
Hair Loss Treatment in Delhi/ Hair Restoration services / Hair Replacement
Q. What can be done about male pattern hair loss?
- * Cosmetic enhancers and hairpieces (wigs & weaving etc.) provide for a temporary camouflage for baldness, but, they do not address the issue at root level..
- Effective medical treatments are now offered in the form of pills (Finasteride) and a topical liquid (Minoxidil). These require life-long dosage treatments to maintain the effect.
- Hair transplant offers a relatively permanent solution to lost scalp hair.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy is a novel treatment to hair fall & ageing with a more promiscuous future and least possible chances of side effects.
Q. What is FUE hair transplantation?
- Hair transplantation involves harvesting of the permanent hair-baring skin from the lateral and posterior regions of the head (donor regions of scalp) either by removal of a hair bearing strip (FUT=Follicular Unit Transplantation aka Strip Method) or by grafting of individual follicular units using fine equipment’s (FUE= Follicular Unit Extraction).
- FUE is a method of obtaining individual follicular units from the donor site (body or scalp) one graft at a time using fine circular punches (minimized incision space).
Q. Advantage of FUE Hair Transplant at Dermaclinix?
- Smaller punch size: (0.6-0.8mm) punches are used to harvest grafts from donor area. Reduced punch size ensures faster healing of donor areas.
- Mega sessions and Giga sessions are routinely performed in a single day sitting at Dermaclinix.
- Highly experienced surgeons perform grafts, ensuring minimal transection rates.
- Body & beard area may be harvested within the same sitting if donor area of scalp is limited.
- Packaging of recipient area with a good density (up to 50-60 grafts per cm. sq.)
- No stitches or scars; donor area appears almost the same and unaffected post healing
- Permanent results with a more natural look.
- Faster recovery: Patients may resume work within a day or two.
- No visible scarring of skin.
- Bio Stimulated FUE (FUE collaborated with PRP technique). We provide best hair loss treatment in delhi NCR.
Q. Who can benefit from hair restoration surgery?
- Anyone with a past experience of permanent hair loss can benefit from hair restoration surgery.
- Burn injury patients & chemo therapy survivors.
- Male and female patients with genetic patterned baldness.
- People who wish to change their hairline or other hair related aesthetics like eyebrows, moustache, eyelashes, etc.
- * Patients who have suffered “scarring” skin disease or face lift procedures.
Q. What happens during a hair transplant procedure?
- Hair transplantation is a minor out-patient surgery that requires 4–12 hours and is usually performed under local anesthesia, No dietary restrictions are necessary prior to the procedure.
- We at DermaClinix perform hair replacement by Powered Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) technique which involves direct removal of individual follicular units (each containing 1-4 hair) with the help of specialized equipment. As no cutting and suturing is required in this method the cosmetic results are impeccable in the donor area with no visible scarring.
- These small grafts are then meticulously planted into the bald or thinning area of the scalp (recipient area) maintaining same angle as the other hair’s original orientation. This is important to hair transplant for ensuring longevity and stability of the graft so formed. Any mis-orientaion may cause the follicle to dislodge from the graft site.
Q. What happens after hair transplant surgery?
- Within 24 hours small crusts form on each graft which are then shed within approximately 2-3 weeks. The grafted hairs often start to grow by the next 2-4 months and full revival may be achieved in approximately 12 months post procedure.
- A handful of patients may experience mild swelling in the forehead area for a day or two following surgery which goes away in just a matter of 3–4 days.
- Patients may be asked to use moist compresses or sprays and to sleep in a semi-upright position for 2–3 days following the procedure to minimize swelling.
Q. When should I start treatment?
- We recommend beginning medical treatment/PRP for significant hair loss as soon as the problem has been identified.
- Hair transplants can be used to fill in the front hairline and thicken the front half of the scalp, and medical treatment/PRP can be used to maintain hair post-transplant.
Q. How many Hairs/Follicular units are required?
This assessment is based on the area to be transplanted and the eventual hair density required. In most case we keep hair density of 35-45 Follicle Unit (FU per sq.cm) . A rough estimate is given
Below (inred) in terms of follicular units.
(inred) in terms of follicular units. #Kindly note each FU contains 2-3 hairs.