Blood is a liquid called Plasma and consists mainly of four main components Red blood cells, White blood cells Plasma and Platelets. Platelets help in the clotting of blood. Platelets also contain proteins called growth factors. Plasma contains proteins that support cell growth. PRP is thus Platelets which is rich in Plasma and therefore 5 to 10 times richer in growth factor.
What is PRP Treatment for hair loss?
PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) treatment is in use since the 1980s. It is used successfully in other medical and surgical disciplines for many years. It has been used for problems such as hair loss treatment healing injured tendons, ligaments, and muscles. PRP treatment is a surgery in hair loss.
In this process, blood is drawn from a patient’s arm and is put in a centrifuge, which spins the blood tube to separate out the Platelets from plasma from the plasma. The plasma rich in platelets is then injected into the scalp. Scientific research provides the medical community with new understandings of wound and tissue healing. PRP injections trigger natural hair growth and maintain it by increasing blood supply to the hair follicle and increase the thickness of the hair.
Who are the right candidates for PRP?
Anyone experiencing hair loss is essentially a good candidate for PRP treatments. Different types of patients can focus on this treatment:
- Patients with areas of weak quality hair growth on the scalp.
- Patients with small areas of alopecia areata (Where hair falls in small patches.)
- It is also successful for stress-related hair fall.
- Patients who have had thinning of hair due to certain illnesses and diseases including male pattern hair loss and androgenic alopecia.
PRP treatment is truly revolutionary and a nonsurgical therapeutic option for patients who require stimulation of hair growth for hair loss conditions. Patients with weak quality hair growth on the scalp with still functioning hair follicles appear to have the greatest success with PRP hair regrowth treatments.
What are the Side effects?
A major reason why PRP Hair treatment is getting popular is that there are little or no side effects and no downtime. A soothing cream is recommended for mild redness, itching or swelling.
The process is meticulous but typically it is a comfortable, in-office, non-surgical procedure that takes about an hour. Most of the time the patient is relaxing. The patient can get back to a regular routine right after the procedure.
The effects of PRP treatment (which may consist of one to five sessions) may last up to 2-5 years. The procedure may be repeated without any side effects.
How Long does it last?
PRP therapy improves the growth of existing hair, increases the growing phase of hair, reduces hair fall, and reverses thinning which ultimately gives density. It takes three to six months to judge the results of PRP visually in the mirror.
Advantage of PRP over other treatments.
- PRP treatment shows excellent results by activating the dormant follicles.
- It enhances the blood supply and nutrition to the scalp. This makes the hair shaft stronger. It prevents dandruff and blockage of ducts.
- Very minimal side effect limited to redness or mild swelling of the scalp.
- Although the treatment takes very less time the results are enduring.
- A minimally invasive procedure that requires only the injections.
- Very less recovery time. The patient can get back to the daily routine just after the procedure.
- Since this treatment requires only your blood there is no danger of platelet or plasma dismissal. You are not even at risk of getting any communicable disease.
Studies have shown great results, just like any other hair loss treatment. The use of this treatment for hair loss is a great option because it has a number of scientifically based articles showing its efficacy. It increases the hair count, the thickness of hair and also the growth phase of the hair cycle.
Injecting blood into scalp for Hair Loss – Works!
We can conclude that PRP is safe and natural because the procedure concentrates the good cells from your scalp and injects them directly back into the area where it is needed.
At Dermaclinix, we have been performing PRP therapy as a proactive therapeutic option for experiencing hair loss. With the best doctors in Delhi, extensive experience in this field and years of research, we have been able to develop balanced PRPs to help our patients achieve the right amount of different compounds. With high-quality treatment and consistent results, we give our patients a guaranteed satisfaction. Our USP is to take utmost care of the patient while dealing with such techniques.