Artificial Hair Fibers
These are synthetically derived monomers of highly purified nylon material used for scalp implantation.
Artificial Hair Implant is an aesthetic transplantation procedure recommended for generalized hair thinning, androgenetic alopecia (baldness due to male hormones), scarring alopecia, to improve overall hair density within shorter span of time wherever immediate aesthetic issues need redressal(Eg. for people associated with show-biz etc.).
Biocompatible Artificial Hair are customizable to mimic natural hair and they can meet any colour, length (from 15 to 45 cm) and shape (straight, wavy and curly) according to the requirement.These are synthetically derived monomers of highly purified nylon like material used for scalp implantation.
Artificial hair implant is an aesthetic transplantation procedure recommended for generalized hair thinning, androgenetic alopecia (baldness due to male hormones), scarring alopecia, to improve hair density obtained with other techniques and whenever an immediate aesthetic result is required (Eg. for people in the modeling industry where looks matter, or in case of cancer survivors where regeneration can’t be prompted immediately due to overall body weakness). We prefer hair transplantation by patient’s own hair wherever possible because synthetic/artificial hairs run a risk of rejection in some cases (patients with elevated sensitivity to grafts).
Biocompatible Artificial Hair are indistinguishable to natural hair and they can meet any colour, length (from 15 to 45 cm) and shape (straight, wavy and curly) requirement.
Artificial Hair Implant is a simple, minimally invasive aesthetic surgery procedure performed by special implanters that hook the bio-fiber reversible knot and insert the hair strands one by one under the anaesthesised scalp without any sense of pain or discomfort to the patient until the desired hair density is obtained.
Initial allergy tests are run to check the compatibility in individuals. Test patches of 25- 30 fibers are generally implanted in crown area. The response to reaction due to fibers is examined after 3 weeks to assess its sensitivity. A meagre ~(1-10 %) of population have the risk of getting these allergic reactions in the form of redness , itching, and rejection of bio-fibres. In that case removal or extraction of the fibers is done.
No. Of Artificial hair fibers in 1 session
In one session generally we implant 500 to 1000 bio-fibres in selected areas of hair degeneration. The implanted hair fibers last up to 3 years. However, an initial loss of 1-10% of the fibers may be observed in some patients.
If the number of required fibers exceeds a 1000 then it is divided into 2 to 3 sessions with each session of up to 1000 bio-fiber transplantation.
- They are fragile in its uptake in initial stage for 7 days.
- Utmost care n cleaning is required in initial period
- Their longevity is for only 2 to 3 years.
- Regular follow up and cleaning of crusts is necessary to increase its longevity.
- Further Implant Sessions are performed after 3 – 4 weeks on the same area of the scalp and after 1-2 weeks on different area.
Take care Regime
- The immediate post-implant treatment includes local and general antibiotics treatment for 5-6 days. Moreover the patient is recommended to treat hair with care avoiding abrupt manoeuvres so as to prevent freshly implanted hair to move to the surface (complete adhesion of hair requires 20/30 days).
- They never grow in length or number.
- Selected length of fibre as per clients requirement is chosen.
- Regular washing and combing can be started from 7th day onwards.
- If there is no reaction after test patch , full procedure can be undertaken
- A minority of patients may experience mild swelling in the forehead area for a few days following surgery which goes away in 3–4 days.
Duration of procedure
- Its done under local anaesthesia and for 500 fibres it takes only 2 hours.
- 1000 fibres 3 hours.
- The patient may resume his or her routine the very same day of the procedure.
Since its artificially made and its hypoallergenic nature, it comes at a cost which varies based on quality & length.
At DERMACLINIX we charge 90rs/hair fiber.
Does repeated biofibre implantation harmful?
Client may choose to refill the lost fibers to maintain their look. In most cases with careful selection it can be repeated without any problems.